First Impressions Count
To set a home apart from others on the street, it must have good curb appeal. A large part of this appeal comes from to the exterior finishing choices of the build.
In this article we aim to present a short snapshot of the standard cladding options that we offer for your build with Anthem Homes.
These modern alternatives to weatherboard are designed to be durable and low maintenance whilst retaining all of the traditional weatherboard aesthetic. The benefit being their resistance to rot, decay and damage from sunlight/salt/rain.
Available in a variety of different styles, plank widths and smooth or woodgrain finishes, our most popular standard BGC cladding ranges are currently:
A peerlessly adaptable, vertically-grooved panel available in different profiles and spacing, Duragroove can be used across single-storey and multi-level housing.
Stratum offers a range of plank widths and layouts allowing for a standalone or mix-‘n’-match profile to create an eye-catching and original exterior cladding system.
Nuline is a weatherboard-style cladding system perfect for achieving a seductive and modern look, with a style that echoes real timber.
Bricks are adaptable building materials that have stood the test of time, they are durable, weatherproof, have excellent noise barrier qualities and are a strong, secure building material.
When it comes to design bricks provide a unique, classic style to your new home with texture and surface configurations providing almost endless placement and pattern options.
Standard options for consideration include:
- Strong & durable
- Not susceptible to moisture, mould, pests or rot
- Insulating properties to keep you warm in winter and cool in summer
- Affordable & sustainable
- Strong & durable
- Thermal properties keep your home warm in winter and cool in the summer
- Very little maintenance
- Natural product that once fired in a kiln their colour is permanent and will not fade
- Brick cavity allows for airflow and reduces the moisture in your home
- Cost effective & sustainable
Painting your bricks can make for easy care and create a nice, smooth finish. This also helps to seal your bricks which can be an important step in keeping your cladding in top condition longer.
Other Cladding Options
If you’re looking for something a little different than the standard BGC cladding or brick a few options to consider may include:
Abodo Eco-timber Cladding
Abodo is an eco-timber cladding that is available in a range of different architectural profiles to create a beautiful exterior from natural wood. The Vulcan cladding specifically is sourced from Abodo’s thermally modified New Zealand plantation timber to form a durable timber weatherboard product.
- Contains no chemical wood preservatives or solvents
- Has a guarantee that the forest product comes from responsibly managed sources
- Renewable NZ made product
- Engineer manufactured and stable
Not just for your roof and shed, different profile iron claddings can create a sleek and stylish finish to your home. Some benefits to this product from Colorsteel are:
- Zincalume steel base with a multi coating paint system create a product that has long term corrosion resistance in moderate conditions
- Perfect for exposed sites to avoid expensive upkeep, repainting & running costs
- 15-year warranty
Integra Concrete System
Integra panel is a lightweight concrete panel system that creates an attractive and durable exterior.
- Great thermal and acoustic ratings mean that there is a reduction in external noise
- No brick rebate requirement saves precious square metres on your plan
- Breathable product due to vapour permeable coatings
Cladding in Summary
Choosing the right cladding for your build is very much down to your personal preferences and the site location. When you build with Anthem Homes our team will support and advise you throughout these decisions to not just add curb appeal and set your house apart from other on the street, but also to make a beautiful and cost effective home for you and your family to enjoy for many years.